New itinerary

New itinerary

Sunday, May 5, 2024

North Atlantic Ocean

Today was our final sea day. Lots going on; it seemed like the day was about food.  Michael got up at his regular sea day time—7:30 am.  It took me a lot longer to get going as I was in a lot of pain this morning. Takes me a good one to two hours to shake it all off and get moving.

Today was our grand finale pool deck brunch.  They had food stations scattered all around the pool deck, including the grill and the Winter Garden where I hold my knitting classes.  There was a pasta bar, a huge selection of fruits and appetizer type food, omelette station, barbecued lobster, nachos, ribs, donuts and other desserts. I’m sure I’m forgetting something. Sometimes a picture is worth 1,000 words so here they come.  







In the afternoon we held our final bridge game, a club championship. And we even got to play, but came in third because we made a few mistakes. Then we went and gathered up all the bridge supplies that we were going to take home.  I don’t know where we’re going to find room for all the stuff, but we haven’t even started packing yet. Later that evening, we held a bridge dinner for all of our players and spouses, about 35 people. We were grouped together in the restaurant and it was a very enjoyable evening. Michael got up and gave a little speech.  After dinner, Michael mention my birthday to the group and everyone sang happy birthday to me.  I love celebrating birthdays because it beats the alternative!!!


After dinner, we attended a very special show in the Star Theater.  Brian Rodriguez and Heather Clancy, people we worked with previously, were visiting the Neptune and put on one hell of a show.