New itinerary

New itinerary

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Colombo, Sri Lanka

GOOD NEWS!  I am no longer walking like a drunk.  As I described in my post on Phuket, I had trouble walking and maintaining my balance.  NO LONGER THE CASE.  I discovered that a medication I take for nerve pain was causing a multitude of symptoms.  Be gone Lyrica!  I also had a rash around my neck caused by this nasty drug.  It took awhile to figure it out.  The wobble is gone, but the pain remains 😩

We were at sea yesterday.   Last night we had a bridge dinner in the Chef’s Table restaurant. It was quite a noisy affair. Good stories, lots of wine and interesting food.

Today we arrived in Colombo.  It is extremely hot and humid. This port is humongous. Normally we enter a port while we are sleeping. Today, we watched the afternoon entry.  It is very impressive and huge.  We don’t have a tour scheduled for today.  Michael is getting a haircut this afternoon and after that, we are going “shopping “ on the dock.  Isn’t it nice that there are stalls with vendors just waiting for us to spend 💲💲💲 😉 🤪 😂



We met Melinda and Duncan for cocktails and dinner, and to wish them a safe journey.  They are leaving the ship to travel to India and other places.  There are about 160 people going on the overnight trip to India to see the Taj Mahal. We don’t get to go because we have to be on board for the sea days even though most of our bridge and knitters are going to be gone.