New itinerary

New itinerary

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Saigon Day 2

We decided to take the shuttle back into town even though it takes an hour and a half to get there. We needed to go to the drugstore to see if I could get one of my medication‘s that somehow didn’t make it in the suitcase. It was another blistering hot day of about 96° with lots of sunshine.

The shuttle drop off point was behind the opera house, and we knew that there was a drugstore just a block away. We made our way there and found that the medication I needed is not anywhere in Vietnam. So we decided that today we would take a walk to the Ben Thang market and see what we could find. And then we were going to have lunch. Well, good plans sometimes go awry.

We headed toward the market and knew of another drugstore along the way to try. Well, that was no better luck than the first one.  So we walked on. After a few blocks, I knew I wasn’t going to make it.  Between the heat and my problems with balance – – I gave it a good try, but it was not to be. We did stop to purchase a T-shirt for Michael.  This time we got the correct size.  And this shirt is the absolute truth. I never mentioned the phone and powerlines, but they are a big jumbled bundled tangled mess.  



So we decided to go back on the 1:30 shuttle but that meant hoofing it. Michael went back to the pharmacy to get some thing we forgot while I dragged myself back. I took a break, and a man came up with a rickshaw and said you need a ride, only five dollars.  I thought to myself. Hell yeah I need a ride!  That was the best five dollars I ever spent.  

We took the shuttle back to the ship and this time it only took 45 minutes. We boarded the ship, changed into bathing suits, put a load of sweaty laundry in, had some lunch and went in the pool.  We had a quiet evening on the aft deck and watched a good movie in the theater with popcorn.

Tomorrow we are going to stay on the ship. We don’t feel we’re missing anything because most of the excursions we have done. The ship is rather empty right now and it is weird because so many people are off the ship doing overnights in town.