New itinerary

New itinerary

Monday, April 1, 2024

Day 5 At Sea

Today is day five of five straight consecutive sea days.  Tomorrow morning we land at Port Louis, Mauritius. The ship is eriee quiet as there’s only about 400 passengers on board right now. We are expecting maybe 175 to return to the ship after their overland journey to Taj Mahal in India.

So what have I been doing on these sea days? I have been sick with a nasty cold.  I didn’t know that one body could produce so much snot. Blowing my nose and coughing has been my main activities. I have some over-the-counter medication to try and knock down some of the symptoms. Now I’m trying to turn the faucet off.  I have watched four movies that I would never pick to watch, I’ve had room service, and Michael has brought stuff back for me to have. Interestingly enough, I’m not hungry and I haven’t eaten very much in the last five days. And I’m not lucky like some people who get sick and lose 10 pounds overnight. We have cookies and Easter chocolate bunnies (courtesy of Viking) in our room and all I do is look at them. You know I am sick. 

Fortunately, Michael is well. I missed out on a great feast the other night and he dined with a few other people whose partners were sick. They had a five course dinner with wine pairings. He raved about it.  We canceled our outing going to the beach tomorrow in Mauritius.  So I’m not sure what we’re going to do tomorrow or even if I feel like getting off the ship.  

One day when I thought I was well enough to go out and go get something to eat, they had a doughnut station. I couldn’t even eat half a doughnut.


Otherwise, things have been very uneventful. I managed to see a beautiful sunset last night.