New itinerary

New itinerary

Friday, January 12, 2024

Day 2 at sea

Amazing what a difference a day makes. After leaving Santa Barbara we had a lumpy night and the following day things calmed down and here we are just cruising the Pacific Ocean around 19 knots on our way to Hawaii. The captain announced that we were going to be skirting a storm, so we have diverted to a Southerly route instead of going west. But we should arrive in Hawaii on schedule. He wants to give us the best ride possible. 👍

We had over 460 passengers joining the ship in Los Angeles. Michael had an unbelievable 74 people show up for beginning bridge; that was 19 tables!  They scrambled to get the room set up for that many people. We’ve never had that kind of attendance. We had nine tables for the intermediate lessons – – we only had three tables for the duplicate game! Go figure?! 😳

Since we had such a small game yesterday, both Michael and I got to play. He even got master points. Terry and I just missed scoring because we had a misunderstanding on one hand. For you bridge players, we play cappelletti over 1NT and he forgot and left me in a two club contract and I only had one club. I had 7 hearts!  Oh well, Terry redeemed himself when I opened 2NT and he went right to 7NT. I got to play it and that was fun.

I have had about 30 people in my craft class and quite a few new knitters, most of which don’t have any supplies. That is a little problem that we are hoping to rectify when we get to Honolulu. In the meantime, I’m very busy teaching.

Not only am I teaching, knitting, and bridge, I also did some iPhone instruction to a couple who had new iPhones, but had no understanding of how to use them.

The bridge game today was much better, there were five tables. I was getting ready to play with Terry when a woman walked in five minutes late. And I had to relinquish my seat and let her play. Neither one of us was happy about that. But that’s what we have to do. So I am up on deck seven watching the world go by and knitting.