New itinerary

New itinerary

Monday, January 15, 2024

Land Ho

Today, completes our fifth day at sea and people are ready for some shore leave. We arrive in Honolulu around midnight, but don’t get cleared by authorities until 9 AM. There will be a shuttle bus to take us into town where I am going to get a my nails done and a pedicure.  Michael is going to do some shopping for things that we forgot. In addition, I am going to be shopping for some knitting supplies for the ship. 

Well, today is a bittersweet day for me as I lost my temporary bridge partner, Terry. We matched him up with another player and they’ve agreed to play as a partnership for the rest of the cruise. I am happy for him, but I am sad for me, as we played so well together. So today I had to play with a lady who is limited in her skills, but somehow we managed to pull off something spectacular – – an 80% game! I have to admit that I was really on fire. Sorry for bragging a little bit.


The seas have finally calm down.  My knitting group is doing very well; I have a lot of the beginners working on their first shawl project.  They are very excited and very eager to learn. So basically, all I do is my knitting program in the morning, have lunch, do Bridge, have cocktail/dinner and usually go to bed. Sounds exciting doesn’t it?

Now to add the one bit of news that no one wants to hear: somehow we had a frozen pipe that burst in our house. We have absolutely no information about how bad it is, where it is, what happened etc.  I saw motion on the ring doorbell and saw people walking in and out of the house with equipment. By the time we saw this, we called the main office, and all the people who knew about it were already gone for the day. So the receptionist confirmed that there was a leak, and that’s all she could tell us.  I did find out from my neighbor that some of our furniture was moved to the house next-door, which is unoccupied. There’s no use worrying because there’s nothing we can do about it. So hopefully we will be contacted by the people who know what happened in the morning.